Fighting for the Rights of Our Beloved Seniors
As our loved ones age, it's natural to want to protect them and ensure their safety. Unfortunately, elder abuse is a growing problem that can put our seniors at risk. Elder abuse can take many forms, including physical abuse, emotional abuse, financial exploitation, neglect, and more. When our loved ones become victims of elder abuse, it can devastate them and their families. That's where an experienced elder abuse attorney can help.
Why You Need an Elder Abuse Attorney:
When a loved one becomes a victim of elder abuse, it's natural to feel overwhelmed and unsure where to turn. An elder abuse attorney can provide the guidance and support you need during this difficult time. Here are a few reasons why you should consider hiring an elder abuse attorney:
- Experience: An experienced elder abuse attorney has the knowledge and expertise to handle even the most complex cases. They understand the laws and regulations that protect seniors and know how to navigate the legal system to ensure your loved one gets the justice they deserve.
- Advocacy: An elder abuse attorney advocates for your loved one. They will fight tirelessly to protect their rights and ensure they receive fair compensation for the harm they have suffered.
- Emotional Support: Dealing with elder abuse can emotionally tax the victim and their family. An elder abuse attorney can provide emotional support and guidance throughout the legal process, helping to ease some of the burdens.
Types of Elder Abuse Cases an Attorney Can Handle:
Elder abuse can take many forms, and an experienced elder abuse attorney can handle many cases. Here are a few examples of the types of elder abuse cases an attorney can handle:
- Physical Abuse: Any physical harm inflicted on a senior, such as hitting, pushing, or restraining.
- Emotional Abuse: Any psychological harm inflicted on a senior, such as verbal abuse or threats.
- Financial Exploitation: Any financial harm inflicted on a senior, such as theft, fraud, or coercion.
- Neglect: This includes any neglect or failure to provide adequate care for a senior, such as failing to provide food, water, or medical attention.
The Cedrick D. Forrest Law Firm and Elder Abuse Cases
What to Look for When Choosing an Elder Abuse Attorney:
Choosing the right elder abuse attorney is crucial to the success of your case. Here are a few things to look for when choosing an elder abuse attorney:
- Experience: Look for an attorney with experience handling elder abuse cases.
- Reputation: Check online reviews and ask for references to ensure the attorney has a good reputation.
- Communication: Choose an attorney who communicates clearly and regularly with clients.
- Compassion: Look for a compassionate attorney who understands the emotional toll of elder abuse.
Elder abuse is a serious issue that affects many seniors in our society. When our loved ones become victims of elder abuse, it's crucial to seek the help of an experienced elder abuse attorney. If you suspect your loved one is a victim of elder abuse, don't hesitate to take action and complete the form below.
No Recovery. No Fee.
Our firm works on a 100% contingency fee basis for your insurance claim.
That means that when a case is taken on, we use our own money and resources to fight for clients. We will investigate, go to court, hire experts, and do whatever is necessary to win your case. We will never ask for any money upfront for contingency matters. No money is owed by the client to us if no monetary recovery is made. That is our promise.
FREE Consultation. Easy Sign-Up.
The key factor in every personal injury case is negligence. When one or more people are negligent in the way they act, or by not acting at all, serious injury can result. Click the contact button to speak with an available personal injury attorney. It's fast, simple, and the first step to getting maximum compensation. We also offer no-contact video consultations.
Frequently Asked Questions About Elder Abuse
How can I tell if my loved one is a victim of elder abuse?
Elder abuse can take many forms, and the signs may not always be obvious. Look for physical injuries, changes in behavior or mood, and unexplained financial transactions. If you suspect your loved one is a victim of elder abuse, it's essential to take action and seek the help of an elder abuse attorney as soon as possible.
Can I file a lawsuit for my loved one who has been a victim of elder abuse?
Yes, you can file a lawsuit on behalf of your loved one if they cannot do so themselves. An experienced elder abuse attorney can guide you through the process and help you get the compensation your loved one deserves.
How much does it cost to hire an elder abuse attorney?
The cost of hiring an elder abuse attorney can vary depending on the attorney's experience and the case's complexity. However, many elder abuse attorneys work on a contingency fee basis, meaning they only get paid if you win your case.