Flood Damage Protection: What You Need To Know About Flood Insurance & Where to Get It

In Texas, Flash Flood Alley extends through Central and North Texas. You may live in a flood zone and your mortgage lender may require you to maintain flood insurance to protect your home from flood damage. Your homeowner’s insurance policy does not include coverage for flood damage. Therefore, you will need to get a separate flood policy for protection. If you are looking to protect your home from flood damage, check out the resources below:

The federal government provides flood insurance through the National Flood Insurance Program

Visit Flood Smart by clicking here: https://www.floodsmart.gov/ or call 800-427-4661 for information.

* Use FEMA’s Historical Flood Risk and Cost data to check if your area has an elevated risk of flooding. https://www.fema.gov/data-visualization/historical-flood-risk-and-costs

* View flood maps at FEMA's Flood Map Service Center https://msc.fema.gov/

* Learn what flood insurance covers in the video below. (Texas Department of Insurance Video)


If your insurer is delaying payment of your claim or you have had your property damage claim denied, it is essential that you contact a skilled property damage lawyer to assist with this often-complex process. The attorneys at the Cedrick D. Forrest Law firm are experienced, willing, and ready to advocate on your behalf to ensure that your property is repaired and that your rights are not jeopardized.

0 views0 comments