HOUSTON BAD FAITH INSURANCE CLAIM LAWYER AND LAW FIRM
Insurance policies are a promise in the form of a contract. As a policyholder, you have an obligation to make monthly, timely payments, and your insurer is expected to honor the terms of the policy. When insurance companies fail to settle a claim in a timely manner or handle your claim in a dishonest manner it is known as insurance bad faith. If you believe that you are a victim of bad faith insurance settlement practices, insurance discrimination, or other wrongdoing by an insurance company then it is important that you discuss your claim with a Houston insurance bad faith lawyer.
What are some examples of an insurer handling a claim in bad faith?
- Unnecessarily delaying a valid claim
- Denying a claim without providing an explanation as required by law
- Improperly investigating or refusing to investigate a claim
- Misrepresenting or misleading a policyholder about his or her coverage
- Paying a policyholder less than what he or she is really owed under the policy
- Forcing you to sign a release form prior to full payment
HAS YOUR HOME OR BUSINESS BEEN DAMAGED BY BUSTED PIPES AND NOW YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY WON'T PAY?
Cedrick D. Forrest Law, PLLC is currently taking new clients that have had their home or business damaged by the recent Texas winter storms. All consumers should know that their insurance company has broken the law whenever it denies, underscopes, or delays in any way a valid insurance claim. Insurance companies have been found to discriminate against minority homeowners and businesses when adjusting claims and paying minorities less money on average to settle claims. Forrest Law makes insurance companies pay when insurers break the law.